God said, To murmur, grumble and complain is not for His children.
- Don’t murmur: “How long must I bear with this evil congregation that murmurs against me?” Numbers 14:27
- Don’t complain: “And do not complain…” 1 Corinthians 10:10
- Don’t grumble & argue: “Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may be blameless and pure, children of God without blemish though you live in a crooked and perverse society, in which you shine as lights in the world” Philippians 2:14-15
But groaning is good – the aching, longing of the soul.
- “For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers together until now.”Romans 8:22
- “Not only this, but we ourselves also, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we eagerly await our adoption, the redemption of our bodies.”Romans 8:23
- “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness, for we do not know how we should pray, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with inexpressible groanings.” Romans 8:26
What is everything groaning about?
- …Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and make your hearts pure, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn, and weep. Turn your laughter into mourning and your joy into despair. James 4:8
- “Sorrow is better than laughter, For when a face is sad (deep in thought) the heart may be happy [because it is growing in wisdom].” Ecclesiastes 7:3
- “For sadness (over sin) as intended by God to produce a repentance that leads to salvation, leaving no regret… but worldly sadness brings about death.” 2 Corinthians 7:10
God encourages us to grieve and groan over sin… remembering the battle IS won and the enemy HAS BEEN DEFEATED! Pray for the world around us, that they may find Victory in Jesus! 🙌🏽