Chuck Swindoll (pastor/Bible teacher) has been doing a wonderful series on Insight for Living called The Grace Awakening. The topic: living in grace towards yourself and others.
Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; not from works, so that NO ONE can boast.”
No need to try, it can never be earned. There’s no need boasting of “good deeds” done. Simply: Grace for me and grace for you – every day. I’ve read it and I believe it. But how do I pass it on? How do I give grace like that to others?
What if I REALLY disagree with them on… any number of topics? What if we really can’t see eye to eye? What does God want me to do then? How do I show grace like I’ve been shown?
Far from solving the dilemma, I have found a few guidelines to help with conflict:
- Listen for common ground – mouth shut.
- Seek Truth –it’s ok to keep my convictions
- Allow the other person “free-will” –I am not their police
- Ask questions instead of preach…be sensitive to the Holy Spirit on when and what to say.
- Pray for grace continually!
It is because of Love I have received grace. Therefore because of love I give it. There is no greater motivation. Like God says: Love never fails!