Mentally exhausted from a full week of care-giving, I went to a women’s Biblestudy today. I usually host at my house, but with so much on my plate, my friends decided to change things up and try a new 6 week parenting class.
The speaker used 1st John 4:16 to launch her topic, “We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in His love…” While she spoke I turned those words over and over in my mind. I was flooded with so many difficult scenarios:
- my parent’s declining mental and physical
- they’re need for 24/7 care
- my dear friend sitting close, who adopted an over-seas child only to see him rebel, run away and reject their family’s love. He’s living in a care facility now…
- another friend is at home, suffering horribly from rounds of radiation
- an a sweet mother 2 chairs away, struggling daily to blend her young children with a difficult older half-brother, all while her husband travels for weeks at a time.
Hard things, yet God’s word assures us of His love. Life isn’t all rosy. In fact it seems more thorns than flowers! How can we trust fully Him? How can we live beyond the circumstances and the emotions we feel? Is His love really ours -moment by moment? Does God truly have our very best interest in mind?
I can only tell you what I’ve experienced. As I have put my trust in Him, God has proven Himself faithful again and again. Each life event, whatever terrifying thing I had to face, He has proven His love and provision time and again. Jesus has never forsaken me.
Good from bad? Yes, I’ve had it happen. It probably won’t be visible today, maybe it can’t, so I’m learning to wait and trust. I know we are greatly loved.
For Glory Sake! -Anna